Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ilene Rushing - Shake It Baby


Download - Ilene Rushing - "Shake It Baby"

Happy New Year and Welcome!


I finally got the darn turntable working (almost a year later).

Back in the 70's I worked at a record store. Every week I'd receive a stack of 45's from one of the local distributors. Some stuff was good, some stuff was bad (and some stuff was very bad).

So . . . with that in mind I thought I'd start this blog off with the worst. I don't even know why I kept this record for so long (but now I'm glad I did). I'm pretty sure it's never made the digital transition!

The artist (and I use that term loosely) is Ilene Rushing. The song "Shake It Baby". This is the "B" side, the "A" side being "With You A World of Heaven" (trust me - it's almost as bad).

Great lyrical content like "Now you can go to Paris, or you can go to France" make this a real winner! Last time I looked Paris was in France! Favorite part? Where Ilene warbles "I can shake it for babayyy!". But wait! The upside is that there is some pretty decent cowbell in it! You can never have too much cowbell (so says Bruce Dickinson aka Christoher Walken)!

I don't know anything about the label (Bollman International Records) but the record does have a somewhat famous connection! The songwriter/producer is Phil York - engineer for Wille Nelson's "Red Headed Stranger" (for which he won a Grammy!), Eric Johnson's
"Seven Worlds", yodeling cowgirl Janet McBride, and rockablly legend Gene Summers. How he got involved with this one is beyond me. Must have been a lot of money involved or it was the wife of a friend!

Anyway enjoy! There's more to come (about once week) unless something breaks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home